Monday, May 17, 2004

Project Update

For those of you that read the last few bits I have blogged, you may have noticed that I am undertaking a programming project to see just how difficult it will be to parse rss/xml documents from Bit Torrent sites and create a custom filter to automatically download and launch new matching files. The primary purpose of this is to determine if the torrent needs to be downloaded or if it should be skipped instead. There are a few other rss parsers out there, but none offer a clean easy to use solution, mine will.
Now when I say will it means that this is not my primary focus, I still have to hold down a job and prepare for my wedding (July 10th, 54 days left!). This means that I only spend about 30 minutes to an hour per day writing this program (mostly first thing in the morning - which does not yield my best results).

Until the next time I find a few minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home