Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I know...I know

Yes, I know ... as my adoring public, you yern for an update and yet I stiff you (no pun intended - at all). Yes I realize that it has been a over a week (almost 2...) since my last update but things have been interesting to say the least. I got my first paid computer repair job :) which yielded the highest wealth meter value to date (see below, note: the value below does not reflect the full amount since I spent $20 on diner for the fam last nite). It was a relatively simple job, a fdisk-format-reinstall (including documents saved before the wipe). Took all of about 4 hours to do, primarily because I didn't have a network port to use (had to go fairly old school - 3.5" floppy). The good news is that once I coppied over all the files to my computer I just compressed them to self extract and they fit on half the disks (there by halving my copy back time). The best news is that the client loves the improved performance. I also spent a very minute (pronounce my-nute) amount of time learning the ins and outs of Tkinter programming (python GUI). Therefore my program now has some very basic framework of what will eventually become a full fledged GUI.
$39.66

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home