Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Thankfully

Very thankfully I came into work on Saturday and was reminded by my handy Palm Desktop software that the 24th of July was my anniversary (prior to us getting married of course [pictures still to come]).  I left work as quickly as possible and stopped by a local florest where I found a nice arrangement, which I purchased with rapid action.  Needless to say, my new wife was very happy that I had remembered and I was showered with praises.

The last few days have been slow and relatively uneventful.  I did see a couple movies which I have commented on below.  Read them if you are interested, I will review "I, Robot" and "The Bourne Supremacy".

I, Robot:
  Mr. Me Rating: 7.3 / 10
I found this movie to be a fairly good movie over all.  Although I read many reviews that rated it extrememly low, I checked it out for myself and found myself caught up in the storyline instead of the expertly rendered CGI.  The CGI was what originally caught my eye and what held the story together, without the very well done rendering, the story would have fallen flat on it's face.  I give this a 7.3 for a high quality rendering and good acting - not for a good storyline.

The Bourne Supremacy:
  Mr. Me Rating 6 / 10
This movie intreagued me from the beginning, the original ("The Bourne Identy") was a top notch action flick.  I thought that this movie would be much the same, with the same thought provoking imagry and spooky behind the scenes 'Big Brother' feelings.  This one had none of that and even left me thinking "now why am I watching this again".  As an up note, they tried to keep the action flowing even though the storyline was hindered by some of the longer, more brutal, scenes (look for the agent on agent scene when you see this movie, and I think you will agree it seemed to last longer than necessary).  Overall this movie scores a 6 of 10 for near edge-of-your-seat cinematography as well as having a believable cast.

Until next time,
  ~ Mr. Me ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home