Friday, July 23, 2004

No Job Today

Well, went in for my 7:30 interview and as you can see by the time on this post, things went quickly. The whole thing was over with in 5 minutes, which I know isn't good. I was expecting something that wasn't there I guess. Good news is that my application is going up to corporate where I could get another interview. My wife thinks that this guy didn't want to step on corporate's shoes and is letting them have the first go, and then if they don't want me she thinks that today's interviewer may be interested in me.
Personally, I think that he was less than impressed with my credentials - I told him that I had taken A+ and Net+ courses in high school and everything else is self taught, something that I am rather proud of but obviously he wasn't.

I think that my BTRSS program has essentially stalled, I haven't worked on it in over a month now and I don't think I plan on starting again. I made the mistake of trying to build the GUI around the underlying framework but found that I should have been incorporating the GUI from the get go - a mistake that will probably kill the entire project. Ideally I would like to completely rewrite the program from the ground up and build it right this time, but I don't know if I can get properly motivated.

My next big programming thing that I am interested in is making a stable point of sale (POS) that can easily communicate with multiple stores (15+ stores ideally). Tragically, this will potentially take forever since I know next to nothing about how a POS works and how to integrate multiple programs that share data. Also, I am unsure of exactly where to start - something that is typically known way before the project ever begins. My current programming language of choice is Python primarily because I haven't taken the time to learn C or C++. Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.

Well, what started as a short note to tell you that I haven't been employeed yet turned into a project update / new project announcement - now how did that happen?
Until later then,
~ Mr. Me ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home