Sunday, January 30, 2005

Bad Hair

Have you ever had a bad hair week? This week has been hell on my hair. Monday, as all you avid readers know, was my first day at a real job in a while and as such I had let my hair grow a bit much. I usually wear a goofy Yellowstone hat that you can see here. My new place of employment doesn't exactly *prohibit* the wearing of hats, it is just highly frowned upon. Therefore my usually hidden (hippyish) hair was falling in my face for the first 2 days of the week. On Wednesday I visited a hair cutting place ... the name escapes me ... and got an immediate reduction in my overhead (he he he). Unfortunatly for me, I was in a hurry to get out of there (having waited over 30 minutes) and didn't check how the back looked. Therefore the back of my hair is noticably longer than I would have prefered and how one side has this akward sideways dip thing and the sides of my (usually parted down the center) hair also have this funky -wave- thing going. God willing, it will grow out in the near future enough that I don't feel so hokey. This concludes this Rant Of The Minute.

That felt remarkably femine, talking about my hair for so long. So now I would like to relate a little thing that I thought was funny.
The other day I was at work and noticed a newspaper on the table. Glancing down, one of the articles near the fold caught my eye. The article title read: "Tsunami Blamed For Dozens". Logically I got a good kick out of how they had blamed tsunamis for sets of 12 items. It got me wondering what they were going to blame for bakers dozens.

It is starting to worry me that my peeps haven't updated their blogs since I started updating mine again. For now I'll assume that it has just been an uneventful week for them. Of course, the previous statement does not apply to Baren - my condolences my friend.

Changing gears -- I think that I may have found the next big thing. I was recently bragging that I had be playing with Adobe Photoshop Album, a nifty program that lets you organize your pictues by applying tags to each one. This is a very unique feature that I had not seen in any other program. That is, until today I browsed to a Google owned program called Picasa. Not only does it seem to incorporate all of the features of the Adobe product, it has more features - and it's FREE! Anyone that is interested in organizing and/or sharing their pictures should definitly check Picasa out. I downloaded it earlier today and have yet to install it, but by looking at the features (and interface screenshots) I think it is far superior.

Ok, the advertisement section is done - and I am out of here.
Enjoy the software ya'll,
~ Mr. Me ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home